top of page
- Mon 29 May29MonMaySouthern BC Cougar Project/KelownaMay 29, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.Kelowna, 4711 Raymer Rd, Kelowna, BC V1W 1J9, CanadaPresented by Chloe Howarth, B.Sc., lab manager for WiRE Lab
- Oct 29, 2022, 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.Kelowna, 4711 Raymer Rd, Kelowna, BC V1W 1J9, CanadaPlease join us for any part of the afternoon between 12:30 and 2:30 to help reduce wildfire risk in our beautiful park. Together we can make a difference!
- Oct 29, 2022, 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.Kelowna, 4711 Raymer Rd, Kelowna, BC V1W 1J9, CanadaPlease join us for any part of the morning between 9:30 and 11:30 to help reduce wildfire risk in our beautiful park. Together we can make a difference!
- Sat 01 Oct01SatOct2022 Fall Forest Yoga/Woodhaven Nature ConservancyOct 01, 2022, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.Woodhaven Nature Conservancy, 4711 Raymer Rd, Kelowna, BC V1W 1J9, CanadaTreat yourself to a one-hour gentle yoga class amongst the cedar trees (cost is $10.00). After yoga we will also be offering a free guided walk through Woodhaven with a Regional Parks interpreter, which will start shortly after 11:00 am.
- Mon 15 Aug15MonAugBatty about Bats!/KelownaAug 15, 2022, 7:00 p.m.Kelowna, 4711 Raymer Rd, Kelowna, BC V1W 1J9, CanadaFacilitated by the Bat Education Ecological Protection Society! Bring the kids for a story walk through Woodhaven to read "Carla the Clumsy Bat" by Darlene Hartford. Make a bat craft, and listen for bats using special Echo Meters. This event is free thanks to funding from RDCO Parks!
- Wed 27 Jul27WedJulWestern Screech Owls/Woodhaven cabinJul 27, 2022, 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.Woodhaven cabin, 4711 Raymer Rd, Kelowna, BC V1W 1J9, CanadaLearn about Western Screech Owls with MSc student Megan Buers
- Sat 25 Jun25SatJunForest Yoga - Summer 2022/Woodhaven Nature ConservancyJun 25, 2022, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.Woodhaven Nature Conservancy , 4711 Raymer Rd, Kelowna, BC V1W 1J9, CanadaPlease join us for our ever popular Forest Yoga class with Laura Martini, followed by a poetry reading by our very own Nancy Holmes. Guests are invited to finish the event with a solo or group walk through the park.
- Tue 29 Mar29TueMarFireSmart Talk/ZoomMar 29, 2022, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.Zoom"FireSmart: What, Why & How”
- Sun 31 Oct31SunOctHalloween Bat Walk/KelownaOct 31, 2021, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.Kelowna, 4711 Raymer Rd, Kelowna, BC V1W 1J9, CanadaCome down (in costume!) to the park between 2-4pm. Go for a self guided walk through the spooky forest and learn about bats along the way. Chat with a RDCO Parks interpreter about bats, and leave with a bat-themed goodie bag including info, craft, and of course a treat.
- Sat 24 Jul24SatJulBats of Woodhaven/Woodhaven Nature ConservancyJul 24, 2021, 8:45 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.Woodhaven Nature Conservancy, 4711 Raymer Rd, Kelowna, BC V1W 1J9, CanadaAside from the odd inky flurry at twilight, you may notice this particular neighbour. Join us for this interpretive event to learn about—and connect with—bats. We’ll talk about bat ecology, behaviour and cultural representations, and listen to echolocation calls (with a little help from technology).
- Sat 19 Jun19SatJunForest Yoga/KelownaJun 19, 2021, 12:30 p.m.Kelowna, 4711 Raymer Rd, Kelowna, BC V1W 1J9, CanadaWe are excited to announce that Forest Yoga is back! This year we are happy to be able to offer this event for FREE to members, thanks to a capacity building grant from RDCO. Following the yoga class there will again be a guided interpretive walk through the park with an RDCO Parks interpreter.
- May 01, 2021, 5:53 a.m. – 6:08 a.m. PDTOpen Window Art & Nature Sketches-April 11May 2nd will be the final spring zoom coffee meeting for the Open Window Art & Nature Sketch Club. This group was created for the Friends of Woodhaven Conservancy Society, as a welcome to spring. New and returning art group members, are welcome to attend.
- Thu 15 Apr15ThuAprWoodhaven Milkweed Project/Contact email@example.comApr 15, 2021, 7:00 p.m.Contact firstname.lastname@example.orgThis spring, purchase a packet of seeds of “Showy Milkweed” (Asclepias speciosa) for $5. Milkweed is an easy-to-grow, deer-proof native plant in the Okanagan. It has a gorgeous flower and wonderful seed pods. A great good plant to support wasps, native bees, hummingbirds, and butterflies.
- Mar 07, 2021, 9:30 a.m.Zoom links will be sent Friday April 9thIntroducing our art & nature club! This Okanagan Regional club is being planned for a first meeting in early spring (March 7th, 2021). Please make sure you are signed up as a 2021 Friends of Woodhaven member from the GET INVOLVED link, and also R.S.V.P. separately to this event link. Thanks!
- Sat 19 Dec19SatDecSketch Across Canada!/Check our blog for more informationDec 19, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.Check our blog for more informationIntroducing our art and nature club, and getting started with free little Bateman Foundation pocket sketchbooks, December 19th. The full Art & Nature Club is being planned for a first meeting in early spring (March 7th, 2021)
- Sat 19 Dec19SatDecNature Without Barriers!/Nature Without Barriers - With Ahlam BaviDec 19, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.Nature Without Barriers - With Ahlam BaviJoin UBC, the City of Kelowna and the Friends of Woodhaven on Zoom for a virtual neighbourhood event where you can learn how to use your smart phone to bring woodland creatures into Woodhaven Nature Conservancy, your backyard, or even your own living room! Check December News for more information.
- Sat 26 Sept26SatSeptRDCO Park Interpreter - Guided Walk/Woodhaven Regional ParkSept 26, 2020, 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.Woodhaven Regional Park, 4711 Raymer Rd, Kelowna, BC V1W 1J9, CanadaA guided walk will start right after Forest Yoga on September 26th! Email registration is now open, as announced with our fall newsletter. Spaces will be very limited so first priority will go to people combining this with the yoga class. However, please email if interested.
- Sat 26 Sept26SatSeptForest Yoga & Interpretive Walk/Woodhaven Regional ParkSept 26, 2020, 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.Woodhaven Regional Park, 4711 Raymer Rd, Kelowna, BC V1W 1J9, CanadaJoin us for our first physically distanced forest yoga class, followed with a guided walk in the beautiful conservancy! Email registration is now open for members, as announced with our fall newsletter. Numbers will be limited, so please sign up by email to hold your spot!
bottom of page