top of page
- Sat 23 Sep23SatSepRiparian ReAnimation in Woodhaven/Woodhaven Nature Conservancy
- Jun 24, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.Kelowna, 4711 Raymer Rd, Kelowna, BC V1W 1J9, CanadaOur popular yoga offering is back! Join us for an all-levels gentle yoga class (1 hour) amongst the cedar trees, led by Laura Martini. Following yoga you are invited to participate in a nature-based collaborative art project in the forest, led by our very own Susan Neilson.
- Sat 01 Oct01SatOct2022 Fall Forest Yoga/Woodhaven Nature ConservancyOct 01, 2022, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.Woodhaven Nature Conservancy, 4711 Raymer Rd, Kelowna, BC V1W 1J9, CanadaTreat yourself to a one-hour gentle yoga class amongst the cedar trees (cost is $10.00). After yoga we will also be offering a free guided walk through Woodhaven with a Regional Parks interpreter, which will start shortly after 11:00 am.
- Aug 15, 2022, 7:00 p.m.Kelowna, 4711 Raymer Rd, Kelowna, BC V1W 1J9, CanadaFacilitated by the Bat Education Ecological Protection Society! Bring the kids for a story walk through Woodhaven to read "Carla the Clumsy Bat" by Darlene Hartford. Make a bat craft, and listen for bats using special Echo Meters. This event is free thanks to funding from RDCO Parks!
- Sat 25 Jun25SatJunForest Yoga - Summer 2022/Woodhaven Nature ConservancyJun 25, 2022, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.Woodhaven Nature Conservancy , 4711 Raymer Rd, Kelowna, BC V1W 1J9, CanadaPlease join us for our ever popular Forest Yoga class with Laura Martini, followed by a poetry reading by our very own Nancy Holmes. Guests are invited to finish the event with a solo or group walk through the park.
- Oct 31, 2021, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.Kelowna, 4711 Raymer Rd, Kelowna, BC V1W 1J9, CanadaCome down (in costume!) to the park between 2-4pm. Go for a self guided walk through the spooky forest and learn about bats along the way. Chat with a RDCO Parks interpreter about bats, and leave with a bat-themed goodie bag including info, craft, and of course a treat.
- Jul 24, 2021, 8:45 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.Woodhaven Nature Conservancy, 4711 Raymer Rd, Kelowna, BC V1W 1J9, CanadaAside from the odd inky flurry at twilight, you may notice this particular neighbour. Join us for this interpretive event to learn about—and connect with—bats. We’ll talk about bat ecology, behaviour and cultural representations, and listen to echolocation calls (with a little help from technology).
- Jun 19, 2021, 12:30 p.m.Kelowna, 4711 Raymer Rd, Kelowna, BC V1W 1J9, CanadaWe are excited to announce that Forest Yoga is back! This year we are happy to be able to offer this event for FREE to members, thanks to a capacity building grant from RDCO. Following the yoga class there will again be a guided interpretive walk through the park with an RDCO Parks interpreter.
- May 01, 2021, 5:53 a.m. – 6:08 a.m. PDTOpen Window Art & Nature Sketches-April 11May 2nd will be the final spring zoom coffee meeting for the Open Window Art & Nature Sketch Club. This group was created for the Friends of Woodhaven Conservancy Society, as a welcome to spring. New and returning art group members, are welcome to attend.
- Thu 15 Apr15ThuAprWoodhaven Milkweed Project/Contact email@example.comApr 15, 2021, 7:00 p.m.Contact firstname.lastname@example.orgThis spring, purchase a packet of seeds of “Showy Milkweed” (Asclepias speciosa) for $5. Milkweed is an easy-to-grow, deer-proof native plant in the Okanagan. It has a gorgeous flower and wonderful seed pods. A great good plant to support wasps, native bees, hummingbirds, and butterflies.
- Mar 07, 2021, 9:30 a.m.Zoom links will be sent Friday April 9thIntroducing our art & nature club! This Okanagan Regional club is being planned for a first meeting in early spring (March 7th, 2021). Please make sure you are signed up as a 2021 Friends of Woodhaven member from the GET INVOLVED link, and also R.S.V.P. separately to this event link. Thanks!
- Sat 19 Dec19SatDecSketch Across Canada!/Check our blog for more information
- Sat 19 Dec19SatDecNature Without Barriers!/Nature Without Barriers - With Ahlam BaviDec 19, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.Nature Without Barriers - With Ahlam BaviJoin UBC, the City of Kelowna and the Friends of Woodhaven on Zoom for a virtual neighbourhood event where you can learn how to use your smart phone to bring woodland creatures into Woodhaven Nature Conservancy, your backyard, or even your own living room! Check December News for more information.
bottom of page